You are now able to add comments to alerts within LocusNOC. Comments can be a great way to manage open alerts and can be used to log ongoing site issues, make notes of scheduled site visits to resolve issues, recurrent or persistent site issues, or other maintenance actions. The full Alert History, which includes the alert Open and Closed timestamps and Acknowledgement actions in addition to all comments, is viewable in a chronological and threaded format for every alert in the Alert Detail pane, found at the lower portion of the Alert page. The Alert History can be found on the right-hand side of the Alert details pane.
The Alert History is visible for everyone that has access to the alert including other users in your organization and any agency users that have shared visibility to the site.
Read/Write users have the ability to add comments, while Read-Only users are only able to view the Alert history but not add comments.
To add a comment to an alert:
- Navigate to the Alerts Page
- Click on the alert you want to add a comment to in the alerts table
- Once the Alert Detail pane loads in the lower portion of the page, click the text field below the Alert History and type a comment
- Comments can be up to 500 characters
- Comments cannot be deleted at this time
- Click the “Add Comment” button when you are ready to save the comment to the alert.
Please note that all comments are visible for everyone that has access to the alert including other users in your organization and any agency users that have shared visibility to the site.
- You should see the new comment, along with the timestamp and your name, appear at the bottom of the Alert History field above the text field.